A very colourful and appetising dish.
Before you start
- Blend the cilantro, lemon juice, oil, and chili pepper together in a blender or food processor. Add salt and transfer the contents to a bowl. Add the shrimp to the mixture and toss to make sure that the shrimp are coated evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for about 30 min at room temperature (cool).
- Slice the zucchini into thick rounds (about 1 cm). Cut the onion into small "skewable" segments. Arrange the vegetables and shrimp alternately on the skewers. Cook on a medium grill for about 5 min, turning frequently, until cooked and browned.
- Serve immediately on the salad leaves.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|