A delicious and healthy soup of sweet potatoes and spices.
Sophisticated but simple, with a surprise ingredient: peanut butter.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes: peel and coarsely chop them into 2 cm pieces. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook 4-5 min, taking care not to let them burn. Add the sweet potatoes, grated ginger, cumin, Cayenne pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil while stirring often. Lower the heat then cook 15 min, covered, until the potatoes are soft.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Put the soup back in the pot on the stove. Add the peanut butter and reheat for a few minutes. Pour in the lime juice. Adjust the seasoning.
- If desired, you may garnish each bowl with a diced tomato and fresh cilantro leaves. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (380g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||0|