- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook the rice, then let it cool down a few minutes.
- In a food processor combine the rice, tofu, garlic, green onions, parsley, soy sauce, paprika, and Tabasco sauce, then pulse until coarsely ground. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the beaten egg. Shape the dough into patties (2 per serving).
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties on one side for about 4 min, until golden, then gently flip and cook on the other side for about 5 min.
- Transfer the burgers to the prepared baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for about 30 min, or until they are firm and cooked through on the inside.
- Serve the burgers on bread and top with a spoonful of mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (280g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|