|4 servings||Tomato and Sunflower Seed Sauce|
|1/4 cup||pasta cooking water||65 mL|
|320 g||gluten free/wheat free penne||4 cups|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the reheat the sauce and cook the pasta at the same time. Start by cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a pan with the specified amount of pasta cooking water to dilute the sauce a bit.
- Put the drained pasta back into the pasta cooking pot, add the sauce, then mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Niacin, Omega-6, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat