|4||carrots, cut into 3 cm pieces||400 g|
|1/2||onions, cut into 3 cm pieces||100 g|
|4 tsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||18 g|
|1 2/3 cup||chicken broth, low-sodium||420 mL|
|1 1/2 cup||soy beverage, unsweetened, fortified||375 mL|
|2 1/2 tbsp||fresh mint, chopped||8 g|
|3/4 tsp||Worcestershire sauce||3.75 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the carrots and onions. Peel and cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrots and onions and cook 5 min, with occasional stirring. Add the broth and soy milk, bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer about 15 min, until the vegetables are soft. Purée in a blender until smooth. Add the chopped mint, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish each with fresh mint leaves, then serve.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :