Grilled chicken breasts on a bed of lettuce and mixed vegetables, with a coriander-mustard dressing.
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|1/2 tbsp||whole-grain mustard||8 mL|
|1/4 cup||olive oil||65 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||sesame seed oil||8 mL|
|1/2 tsp||coriander seeds, crushed||0.4 g|
|1||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless||300 g|
|3/4 cup||green/snap beans||80 g|
|1||carrots, cut into matchstick sized pieces||100 g|
|6||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||80 g|
|1/4||Boston lettuce||50 g|
|2 slices||bacon, chopped||40 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 tbsp||fresh cilantro [optional]||2 g|
Before you start
The chicken must be marinated overnight before cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, and sesame oil. Crush the coriander seeds then add them to the bowl.
- Put the chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour about half of the dressing over the chicken (just enough to cover). Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to be used as a salad dressing.
- Prepare the vegetables: boil the green beans 7-8 min in a pot of salted boiling water, then immerse in cold water to stop the cooking and fix the colour. Julienne the carrots into matchstick sized pieces. Thinly slice the mushrooms lengthwise. Tear the lettuce into small pieces. Arrange the lettuce onto individual serving plates. Mix the other prepared vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, fry the chopped bacon until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel to absorb the excess fat, then add it to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Cook the chicken breasts on a medium grill for 10-12 min, or in a broiler pan in the oven, basting occasionally with some of the marinade and turning them once, until cooked through. Add salt and pepper. Slice the breasts on a bias into thin pieces.
- Pour the remaining unused dressing over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste, them mix well. Distribute the vegetables over the lettuce on the individual serving plates. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of each plate. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||4|