This recipe comes from the book "Savoureux, santé et sans gluten", de Caroline Roy, Éditions Carolyne Roy, 2014
|110 g||gluten-free flour (all purpose)||3/4 cup|
|1/3 cup||cocoa powder||28 g|
|1 tsp||baking powder||3 g|
|3||eggs size large|
|1/2 tsp||cream of tartar||2 g|
|1/2 cup||maple syrup||125 mL|
|5 tbsp||water||75 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract||5 mL|
|3/4 cup||strawberry jam||190 mL|
|icing/confectioners' sugar [optional]|
Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Separate yolks and egg whites.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center then add the egg yolks, maple syrup, water and vanilla. Beat with a mixer at maximum speed for about 5 min.
- In another bowl, whisk the whites and cream of tartar, using a mixer, until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour mixture, using a spatula.
- Spread the mixture into a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the dough evenly, using a spatula, to form a rectangle of about 25 X 35 cm (10 X 14 po).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12 to 13 min, or until a light finger pressure leaves no indentation.
- Topple the cake on a towel that has been previously sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully remove the parchment paper, roll the cake loosely, then let stand until cool.
- Unroll the cake, spread the raspberry jam, then roll again. Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with icing sugar. Let stand at least 1 h before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (80g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||0|