A sole fillet in a cornmeal crust.
This is the way Italian kids are introduced to fish.
|2||sole fillets||300 g|
|1||eggs size large|
|2 tbsp||cornmeal (polenta)||16 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1/2||lemons, cut into quarters [optional]||60 g|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Pat-dry the fillets, then season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 shallow dishes: beat the egg in one, and put the cornmeal in the other. Dip one fillet at the time in the egg, let the excess egg drip off before coating the fillet with the cornmeal. Turn the fillets to coat both sides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the fish 2 min on each side, until the bread crumb coating becomes golden-coloured. Serve on the warmed plates with optional lemon quarters on the side.
The remaining beaten egg may be cooked as an omelet and served alongside the fish.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¾||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Omega-3, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
|Meat and Alternatives||4|