|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|16||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||220 g|
|2||shallots, finely chopped||80 g|
|4 tbsp||butter, unsalted, softened||55 g|
|1 tsp||curry powder||3 g|
|8 slices||country bread, lightly toasted||360 g|
|1 bunch||watercress||120 g|
|8 slices||cheese, low-fat||170 g|
- Prepare the vegetables: Thinly slice the mushrooms and finely chop the shallots.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, with stirring, until the mushrooms are browned and any liquid they give off has evaporated, about 3 min. Lower the heat, then add the remaining oil and the shallots. Sauté about 2 min, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the top broiler. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet then grill for a couple minutes until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter with the curry, then spread this mixture on the toasted bread slices. Put one half of a cheese slice on each bread slice, then add the mushrooms and top with the watercress. Cover with the remaining half-slices, taking care to cover the watercress leaves so that they will not burn.
- Put in the oven at a distance of about 10 cm below the heating element and grill until the cheese melts and the crostini tops are nicely coloured, 2-3 min. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|