This recipe can be made in a flash and is perfect for an on-the-road meal.
- Hard-boil the eggs, cool them down immediately in cold water, then cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Cook the couscous then let it cool down 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables: Seed, core and dice the pepper; finely chop the shallot; coarsely chop the arugula. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the couscous to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, orange and lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad. Add the lentils and gently toss to combine. Coarsely crumble the feta cheese and add it on top of the salad. Arrange the quartered egg(s) on top of the salad, season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the finely chopped mint then serve.
This salad can be made a couple days in advance and kept in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (460g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Vitamin D
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||3|