Since oatmeal only needs just to be soaked for a while, it can be made ahead and kept in the fridge, until the next breakfast.
|1/4 cup||rolled oats||26 g|
|1/2 cup||almond beverage, unsweetened, fortified||125 mL|
|2 tbsp||walnuts||12 g|
|1/2 tbsp||maple syrup||8 mL|
|1||bananas, small, cut into pieces||150 g|
|2 tsp||chia seeds [optional]||7 g|
- Add 1/4-cup oats (not instant type) to each jar of about 1 cup (250ml) volume. Pour in the milk, nuts, syrop and chia seeds, which will thicken the oatmeal.
- Close the lid and shake to combine. Open and top up the jar with the banana pieces. Close the lid again and keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, toss and enjoy.
This oatmeal in a jar can be stored 2 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¾||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Manganese, Potassium
- Diet-related health claims :