This recipe comes from the book "Cuisiner pour vaincre la douleur et l'inflammation chronique", de Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D., Éditions FIDES, 2011
|2/3 cup||brown rice flour||110 g|
|1/3 cup||tapioca flour/starch||45 g|
|1 tsp||guar gumxi||4 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2 g|
|1/3 cup||margarine non-hydrogenated||80 g|
|1||eggs size large|
|1/2 tsp||rice vinegar||2.5 mL|
Before you start
This recipe yields 6 8-inch diameter (20 cm) pie shells.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl. Add margarine. Work the dough with a fork or your fingers, until it becomes granular.
- Beat the egg with a fork then add vinegar. Mix the egg with the dough until it forms a ball, adding a little water if needed. Flatten it, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Remove the first sheet of paper and gently place the dough upside down in the pie plate. Peel off remaining paper. Prick dough with a fork and refrigerate.
- Bake 15 minutes for a cold pie. Bake 10 minutes for pre-baked crust.
- Finish with your favourite fillings.