A simple and delicious Asian-style dish.
|3/4 tsp||sesame seeds||3 g|
|2||aubergines /eggplants, Asian type||360 g|
|2 tsp||wheat-free soy sauce||10 mL|
|3 tbsp||peanut oil||45 mL|
|1 tsp||sesame seed oil||5 mL|
|1 tsp||rice vinegar||5 mL|
|1 tsp||miso (fermented soybean paste)||5 g|
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small pan and heat over medium heat a few minutes, with some stirring, until lightly coloured. Set aside.
- Cut the unpeeled aubergines crosswise at an angle into slices of about 1 cm. Heat a nonstick frying pan over high heat without adding any oil, and brown the aubergine slices on both sides for about 3 min until lightly browned. Transfer the slices to a baking dish and bake about 10 min until they are soft but not too dry.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oils, vinegar, miso paste, and sesame seeds. Pour the mixture over the hot aubergines as soon they are taken out of the oven. Toss well, sprinkle with the chopped green onions, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Manganese, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||0|