- In a small saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, chili pepper, and all the water but 2 tablespoons. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the remaining water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan, mix well and let simmer for 1 min. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat half of the canola oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken pieces in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan. Cook until the chicken has lost its pink colour, about 5-7 min. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil in the pan, then add the onion and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat, tossing often, until they begin to brown and soften, about 5 min. Add the chicken and reserved sauce to the pan. Mix well and sauté until well cooked. Adjust the seasoning, garnish with green onions then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Iron, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||4|