Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Put all the ingredients, but bread and tomato, in the ceramic cooking pot. Mix well.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'high' for 3-4 h, or until the chicken meat is tender enough to be "pulled" apart easily with a fork. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and pull apart with two forks. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker then mix well.
- Serve the chicken in panini buns and garnish with sliced tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (400g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||3 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3|