The sweetness of beets and the tartness of green apples make a tasty combination in this nicely-coloured salad.
|1||apples, green, Granny Smith type||180 g|
|2 tbsp||Classic Vinaigrette||30 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the beets: boil or steam them about 25-30 min. Let the beets cool down a few minutes, then peel them and dice into 1,5 cm pieces. Transfer the pieces to a salad bowl.
- Cut the apples into 1,5 cm cubes, without peeling them, but removing the core. Add the apples to the beets in the salad bowl.
- Pour in the Classic Vinaigrette, then season with salt and pepper. Toss well then serve.
The beets may be cooked a few day in advance.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy