This soup makes the perfect meal to have 2 to 4 hours before sports!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds. Place the halves on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake about 45-50 min until soft. Alternatively, cook each halve separately in a microwave oven: Place each halve in a bowl, partially covered, then cook at high intensity about 8 min for each halve. Let the halves cool down, carve out the pulp then dice it into 1,5 cm cubes. Set the cubes aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables: Dice the zucchini and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, zucchini and curry powder. Cook, with stirring, until softened, 2-3 min. Add the squash, chickpeas and broth. Cook over medium heat until the zucchini are tender, about 10 min. Purée the soup in a blender and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the soup into bowls, swirl in the yogurt and extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (700g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1 ½|