Couscous and chickpeas salad served with marinated grilled chicken.
|1 cup||chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned), rinsed and drained||250 mL|
|1 1/2 cup||couscous, whole wheat||240 g|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin olive oil||65 mL|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||3/4 lemon|
|2 tsp||curry powder||6 g|
|1 3/4 tsp||gingerroot, grated||8 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1/2||green peppers, diced||80 g|
|2 stalks||celery, diced||140 g|
|2||green onions/scallions, finely chopped|
|4 servings||Grilled Chicken Breast|
|10 cups||baby spinach||160 g|
|1 cup||fresh cilantro, chopped||30 g|
- Cook the couscous. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and grated ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Put the couscous in a salad bowl, then pour the vinaigrette over it. Stir in the bell pepper, celery, green onion and chickpeas. Mix well then let stand in the refrigerator 30 min.
- About 15 min before serving, take the salad out of the refrigerator and prepare the grilled chicken breast.
- Add the baby spinach to the couscous salad. Cut the chicken crosswise into thin slices, then add them to the salad. Toss well, adjust the seasoning, sprinkle with cilantro, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (380g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin B12
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||3|