Chicken cubes, sautéed then stewed with potatoes and peas in a broth.
A «fricassee» [pr. FRIHK-uh-see] is a dish of meat that has been sautéed in butter before being stewed with vegetables.
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Cut the meat into small 1 cm cubes. Prepare the vegetables : Finely chop the onion and garlic; cut the potatoes and celery into 1 cm thick pieces.
- Heat half of the margarine and oil in a thick-bottom frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté 3-4 min until translucent, then remove them and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the cubes of chicken and sear them over high heat 4-5 min until golden-brown.
- Add the remaining margarine and oil to the pan. Stir in the potatoes and celery, then sauté a few minutes. Pour in the broth, then deglaze. Put the onion and garlic back into the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, over low heat 20-25 min, until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the peas and cook an additional 3 min. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley (optional) and serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (360g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||4|