A very simple recipe: For good results, use only the freshest fish and a high quality curry.
|2||trout fillets||360 g|
|2 tsp||curry powder||6 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Evenly coat the fillet(s) with the curry (slightly less on the skin side).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. When the pan is hot, add the fillet(s), skin side down.
- Sauté 4-5 min, then lower the heat, turn the fillet(s) and continue to cook 3-4 min until the flesh is tender and opaque. Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.
- Peel and discard the skin off the top of the fillet(s). Add salt and pepper to taste then serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (150g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¾||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Omega-3, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D
- Free :
|Meat and Alternatives||4 ½|