Fish and sweet potatoes with tartar sauce.
Kids of all ages love it!
|2||sweet potatoes||360 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt, for the potatoes||2 g|
|1/2 tbsp||olive oil||8 mL|
|parchment paper, for the sheet|
|2||tilapia fillets, or turbot, cut into 4 x 8 cm pieces||360 g|
|3 tbsp||mayonnaise||45 mL|
|1/3 cup||cornmeal (polenta)||45 g|
|1/4 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 g|
|3/4 tsp||dried oregano||0.4 g|
|vegetable oil spray|
|65 mL||Tartare Sauce||1/4 cup|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|salt, for the fish [optional]|
Before you start
Pay attention to the timing of the potato and fish preparation so that the fish is baked during the last 15 min of potato baking.
Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F. Line with parchment paper a large baking sheet and an ovenproof dish. Start baking the potatoes. Prepare the fish during the first 15 min of potato baking. Bake the fish with the potatoes during the last 15 min of potato baking.
Oven «fried» potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F. Line with parchment paper a large baking sheet and an ovenproof dish. Prepare the potatoes first and start cooking them. Prepare the fish while the potatoes are baking, then bake the fish with the potatoes during the last 15 min.
- Peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1x8 cm pieces. It is important to cut them into pieces of similar size so that they will all cook evenly and be done at the same time.
- In a deep dish, whisk the egg white with the oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the potato pieces and coat them well with the egg white mixture. Transfer them to the baking sheet. Don't crowd the potatoes on the sheet or they will steam and not turn golden-brown.
- Bake on the bottom oven rack 15 min, then turn the potatoes and bake an additional 15 min.
Oven «fried» fish
- Cut the fish into 4x8 cm pieces.
- Prepare 2 shallow dishes: put the mayonnaise in one dish, then combine the cornmeal, Cayenne pepper, oregano, and salt to taste in the other dish. Spread each fish piece with the mayonnaise, then coat it with the bread crumbs mixture. Turn the fish to coat all sides.
- Put the fish pieces on the prepared ovenproof dish and spray them evenly with a vegetable oil spray. Bake the fish for 15 min on the top oven rack.
- Take the fish and potatoes out of the oven. Serve with the tartar sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (330g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Omega-3, Omega-6
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||5|