|160 g||gluten free/wheat free fusilli, or penne||2 1/2 cups|
|1||zucchini, cut into 4-5 mm rounds||120 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|3 tbsp||Parsley and Garlic Base||45 mL|
|1/4 tsp||paprika||1 g|
|1/3 cup||My Mother's Tomato Sauce||85 mL|
|2 tbsp||cream 15%||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||6 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
A mandolin will make slicing the zucchini easier.
- Prepare the zucchini. Slice them into 4-5 mm rounds.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the parsley and garlic base. Add the zucchini rounds and cook 5 min uncovered, stirring frequently.
- To save time, the rest of the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Cook the pasta.
- Back to the zucchini pan, add salt, cover, and cook over low heat about 8-10 min, or until the zucchini is soft, but still al dente. Add paprika to taste, the tomato sauce and cook just a few minutes.
- Pour the drained fusilli into the zucchini pan, add the cream, pepper to taste, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, then mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||0|