Before you start
Put a serving dish in the oven at the lowest setting to keep the meat warm while the sweet potatoes cook.
- Prepare the vegetables: Cut the sweet potatoes into pieces, about 1,5 cm. Mince the garlic.
- Cut each tenderloin crosswise into 2 cm thick slices. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the pork slices then sauté until golden-coloured, about 4 min per side. Take them out of the pan and set aside on a plate, keeping them warm in the oven.
- Add the garlic and cayenne pepper to the pan, then cook 1 min with stirring. Add the sweet potatoes and oregano, then sauté 2 min with stirring. Pour in the grapefruit juice and water, then bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 12 min.
- Put the pork slices back into the pan then heat them through, 2-3 min. Sprinkle with pine nuts (optional) and chopped mint, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Folacin, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc
|Meat and Alternatives||4|