- Rinse the lentils and cook them in a saucepan of boiling salted water, about 30 min until tender but still somewhat firm. Drain, discard the liquid and set aside the lentils.
- Cook the quinoa in the water then let it cool down 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables: Seed, core and dice the pepper; finely chop the shallot; coarsely chop the arugula. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the lentils and quinoa to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with the finely chopped mint then serve.
Lentils can be cooked up to 5 days in advance.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Selenium
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1|