|4 cups||almond beverage, unsweetened, fortified||1 L|
|1/2 cup||sugar||100 g|
|1/2 cup||arborio rice||90 g|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract||10 mL|
|1/4 tsp||ground cinnamon [optional]||1 g|
|3 tbsp||raisins [optional]||30 g|
|1/4 cup||slivered almonds [optional]||18 g|
- Bring almond beverage and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, then lower heat to medium. Almond beverage must simmer but not boil.
- Add arborio rice to warm liquid. Stir well to prevent rice from sticking to pot. Keep heat to medium.
- Let simmer, stirring from time to time for 60 min or until it thickens. Once cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and raisins (optional).
- Let cool for at least 60 min, stirring from time to time before serving. Add almonds just before serving (optional).
Place a plastic wrap sheet on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||½||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Bone-healthy