A vegan version for "scrambled eggs".
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat then add the oil, shallot, and spices.
- Crumble in the tofu using your hands or a fork. Stir until well mixed together with the spicy oil.
- Stir in the garlic and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- As soon as the tofu is hot, it's ready.
If preparing in advance, keep a cup of water to splash into the skillet when reheating, to avoid tofu getting too dry.
Recommended side dishes
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Bone-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Source of :
- Fibre, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin K
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2|