|4||anchovy fillets, chopped||16 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced or pressed|
|3 tbsp||olive oil||45 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Sauté the pressed or minced garlic 1-2 min, taking care not to let it burn.
- Chop the anchovies, then add them to the pan with stirring. Cook until they have broken apart and «melted». Set aside and keep warm.
- Put the drained spaghetti back into the pasta cooking pot. Add the anchovy sauce and mix well. Add pepper to taste. In general, it is not necessary to add salt since the anchovies are already salted. Serve in warmed dishes.
Parmesan is not added since the flavour of fish sauces in general does not benefit from the addition of cheese.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (240g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Vitamin E
- Excellent source of :
- Manganese, Selenium
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|