|1 cup||rolled oats, for topping||100 g|
|1/4 cup||white flour (all purpose), for topping||30 g|
|1/3 cup||brown sugar, for topping||65 g|
|1 cup||margarine non-hydrogenated||220 g|
|3||apples, peeled then diced||550 g|
|1 1/2 cup||pastry flour||190 g|
|2 tsp||baking powder||5 g|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon||3 g|
|1/2 cup||sugar||110 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract||2.5 mL|
|1/2 cup||milk, partly skimmed, 2%||125 mL|
Before you start
A hand-held or stand mixer will make things easier for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Place 12 paper muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Prepare the oatmeal topping: in a bowl, combine the rolled oats with the flour, brown sugar and half of the margarine. Set aside.
- Peel the apples, then dice them into small pieces. Set a few pieces aside for garnishing each muffin at the end of the preparation. Heat one spoonful of margarine in a pan, then sauté the remaining pieces until they are somewhat softened, about 4 min. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the pastry flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream the remaining margarine with the sugar using a mixer, until the mixture is lighter in colour, about 3 min. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Using a wooden spoon add the flour mixture in small portions, alternating with the milk. Mix well until homogeneous then fold in the sautéed apples using a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter among the muffin cups. Cover each muffin with the oatmeal topping and the uncooked apple pieces.
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 25 min, until a tooth-pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven, then put each of the paper lined muffins on a rack to cool. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (110g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin D
|Milk and Alternatives||0|
|Meat and Alternatives||0|