Beef, bacon, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms on skewers cooked on the stovetop.
A «juicy» alternative to outdoor grilling.
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Dice the beef into 2 cm cubes. Cut the bell pepper and bacon into squares of about the same size as the beef. Cut the onion into small segments. Leave the mushrooms whole, if similar in size as the rest, otherwise, cut them in half. Alternate the meat and vegetable pieces on wooden skewers. Do not press them too tightly and leave about 2 cm empty space on one end of the skewer to facilitate handling.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the skewers and sauté, with frequent turning, for 8-10 min until the meat has turned brown. Lower the heat to 'medium', then season with salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs. Deglaze with the wine (optional), cook 2 min, then cover and cook a couple more minutes.
- Place the skewers on the warmed plates, sprinkle with the cooking juices then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
evbellaugust 09, 2010 | I would make this recipe again
Even my kids will eat this!
MilkyDayjanuary 23, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
The best skewers I ever had.