Beef, bacon, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms on skewers cooked on the stovetop.
A «juicy» alternative to outdoor grilling.
|200 g||rib eye steak, cut into 2 cm cubes|
|1/2||green peppers, cut into 2 cm squares||80 g|
|3 slices||bacon, cut into 2 cm squares||60 g|
|1/2||onions, cut into small segments||100 g|
|12||button (white) mushrooms, whole or halved||170 g|
|6||bamboo or wooden skewers|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1 1/4 tsp||herbes de Provence||1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|2 tbsp||white wine [optional]||30 mL|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Dice the beef into 2 cm cubes. Cut the bell pepper and bacon into squares of about the same size as the beef. Cut the onion into small segments. Leave the mushrooms whole, if similar in size as the rest, otherwise, cut them in half. Alternate the meat and vegetable pieces on wooden skewers. Do not press them too tightly and leave about 2 cm empty space on one end of the skewer to facilitate handling.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the skewers and sauté, with frequent turning, for 8-10 min until the meat has turned brown. Lower the heat to 'medium', then season with salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs. Deglaze with the wine (optional), cook 2 min, then cover and cook a couple more minutes.
- Place the skewers on the warmed plates, sprinkle with the cooking juices then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|