A variation on the traditional cheeseburger, this recipe contains a creamy filling of melted blue cheese.
|1/4||onions, finely chopped||50 g|
|1/4 stalk||celery, finely chopped||18 g|
|220 g||ground beef, extra-lean|
|3/4 tsp||dried oregano||0.4 g|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard||5 mL|
|20 g||blue cheese, crumbled|
|4 slices||gluten-free bread|
|1 tsp||olive oil||5 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard [optional]||5 mL|
|1 tsp||ketchup [optional]||5 mL|
Before you start
These burgers can be cooked either using an outdoor grill or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Finely chop the onion and celery, then put them in a bowl. Add the ground meat, oregano, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well using a fork, then bring the combined ingredients together with your hands to form a firm mixture.
- Divide the mixture into twice the number of the needed servings. Shape each portion into rounds and flatten each one slightly. Crumble the cheese and place a small amount in the centre of half of the rounds (about 2 tablespoons of crumbled cheese per round). Place the remaining meat rounds on top of the cheese topped rounds. Use your hands to mould the rounds together, encasing the crumbled cheese, and shaping them into burgers.
- Cook the burgers on a medium grill, lightly oiled, for about 10 min, or until cooked through, turning them once. Alternatively, you may cook the burgers on a nonstick, heavy-bottom pan, over very high heat.
- Place each burger in between 2 slices of wheat-free bread. Serve with mustard and ketch-up on the side.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||3 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3|