|1/2||red onions, thinly sliced||80 g|
|1/2||green peppers, cut into strips||80 g|
|3||chicken sausages||220 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|1/2 tsp||fennel seeds||1 g|
|1||bocconcini / fresh mozzarella, sliced||55 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
These burgers can be cooked either in a pan on the stovetop or using an outdoor grill.
- Prepare the vegetables: Thinly slice the onion(s); cut the pepper(s) into strips. Remove the skin from the sausage and form the meat into 1,5 cm thick patties. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 3 min until it becomes translucent. Add the green pepper and fennel seeds, then season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until the vegetables are tender and start to caramelize, about 15 min. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Cook the patties until they are well done, about 4 min per side. Warm up the buns on the grill. Put one patty on each bun, garnish with the onion mixture, then top with a bocconcini slice. If desired, you may put the burger back on the grill until the cheese has melted. Alternatively, you may cook the patties in a pan on the stovetop.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (190g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|