|2||chicken legs, with back, skinless||600 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|1/2||onions, chopped||100 g|
|1/2 tbsp||white flour (all purpose)||4 g|
|1/3 cup||chicken broth||85 mL|
|1 tbsp||white vinegar||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|1 sprig||rosemary, fresh||5 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the chicken 10-12 min until golden-coloured on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep the pieces warm in the oven.
- Add the chopped onion and flour to the pan, then sauté 2 min with stirring. Pour in the broth, bring to a boil and reduce for about 1-2 min until it reaches half its initial volume. Put the chicken back into the pan, add the vinegar, lemon juice, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and let simmer for about 8-10 min, until the chicken pieces are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (230g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|