|1 1/2 tbsp||canola oil||23 mL|
|10||chicken thighs, boneless, skinless||650 g|
|1||onions, finely chopped||200 g|
|1 tbsp||curry powder||9 g|
|3/4 tsp||ground cumin||2 g|
|1||apples, peeled, cored, then cut into segments||180 g|
|2||pears, peeled, cored, then cut into segments||300 g|
|1/2 cup||chicken broth, low-sodium||125 mL|
|6 tbsp||dried cranberries||50 g|
|1/4 cup||unsweetened coconut milk||65 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
|1||green onions/scallions, chopped [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Peel and core the apples, then cut each into segments.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan over high heat. Sauté the chicken pieces thoroughly on each side until golden, about 8 min. Take them out of the pan and set aside, keeping them warm in the oven.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion, then sauté 2-3 min until it is translucent. Stir in the spices then cook 1 min. Add the apples and pears, then cook 6-8 min with occasional stirring.
- Pour in the broth then put the chicken pieces back into the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the chicken pieces are tender, 12-15 min. Stir in the cranberries and coconut milk.
- Garnish with the green onions, then serve on the warmed plates.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¾||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Manganese, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||3|