An apple, pear, and cranberry tart.
|200 g||puff pastry dough||1/2 box|
|parchment paper, to line the sheet|
|1/4 cup||white flour (all purpose)||30 g|
|1/4 cup||brown sugar||50 g|
|1 tsp||ground cardamom||3 g|
|1 cup||cranberries||100 g|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|6 scoops||vanilla ice cream [optional]||375 mL|
Before you start
Defrost the puff pastry dough at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. The dough should be flexible but still feel cold to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F. Butter a large baking sheet (about 30 x 38 cm) and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cardamom in a large bowl. Peel the apples, remove and discard the cores, then cut them into 5 mm thick segments. Peel the pears, remove and discard the cores, then cut them into slightly thicker segments (about 7 mm). Place the apple and pear pieces into the flour mixture as soon as they are ready in order to avoid darkening. Add the cranberrys, then toss gently to make sure the fruits are thoroughly coated.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the puff pastry to a 33 cm square (approx.), using a rolling pin. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange the fruit in the centre of the pastry leaving an uncovered frame of about 5 cm from the edges. Fold the pastry back over the fruit. Cut the butter into small pieces and add them on top.
- Cook the tart in the middle of the oven about 15 min. Lower the heat to 190°C/375°F, then continue to cook 30-35 min, until the fruits are tender and the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Take the tart out of the oven and set it aside to let it cool, about 15 min. Serve the tart luke-warm, with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||¼||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Selenium
- Excellent source of :