|2||beef, filets mignon||300 g|
|1||shallots, finely chopped||40 g|
|1 tsp||olive oil||5 mL|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|1/4 cup||beef broth||65 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||paprika||5 g|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard||15 mL|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce||10 mL|
|2 tbsp||whipping cream 35%||30 mL|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
For proper cooking all the way through the filet, it is important to let it stand at room temperature ½ hour before cooking.
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Pat the beef dry and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Finely chop the shallot(s).
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, until hot but not smoking. Add the filets and sauté about 4 min on each side for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer the filets to a cutting board and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 10 min (to reabsorb the juices).
- While the filets are standing, add the shallot to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until softened, 3-4 min. Deglaze with the broth, scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil, then cook 1 min. Reduce the heat then add the paprika and cook 2 min with stirring. Whisk in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cream, and any beef juice from the cutting board. Bring just to a simmer and cook 1 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Thin the sauce with a few tablespoons of water if necessary.
- Serve the filets on the warmed plates, with the sauce spooned on the top.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (170g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||¼||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Folacin, Magnesium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|