The hearty goodness of this meatless dish is only increased by its utter simplicity of preparation.
|1 cup||green-brown lentils (dried), rinsed and drained||150 g|
|2 cups||My Mother's Tomato Sauce||500 mL|
Before you start
It is not necessary to soak the lentils in advance.
- Rinse the lentils and pick out any small stones and debris. Cook them in a saucepan of salted water, about 20-25 min until tender but still somewhat al dente. Drain the lentils, discard the liquid, and set them aside.
- Heat My Mother's Tomato Sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the lentils and cook 5-7 min, with occasional stirring, until the lentils are fully cooked.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (110g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||¾||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A
- Diet-related health claims :
|Meat and Alternatives||1|