Pasta with fried egg and cheese
As a kid, I did not like eggs, but loved pasta. This was my mother's ingenious way to get me acquainted to eggs: It worked!
|150 g||gluten free/wheat free penne||2 cups|
|2 tsp||extra virgin olive oil||10 mL|
|1/2 tbsp||chives, fresh, finely chopped||2 g|
|2 1/2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated||8 g|
|1/4 cup||pasta cooking water||65 mL|
|2||eggs size large|
|1 tbsp||margarine non-hydrogenated||14 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the pasta and the eggs are cooked at the same time. Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil, chives and almost all of the cheese in a serving bowl and set aside in the oven at the lowest setting. Reserve a few spoonfuls of cheese to sprinkle on top of each dish when serving. When the pasta is almost ready, remove the required amount of pasta cooking water and add it to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the margarine in a nonstick skillet, then break the eggs into it and cook 2-3 min over high heat until the whites are set. To cook more than 4 eggs, you may need to work with 2 skillets at the same time.
- Drain the pasta, pour it into the serving bowl then toss well. Spoon the seasoned pasta into the warmed serving dishes and place one egg on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese, then serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (140g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||0||serving|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||¼||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||½||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Niacin, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D
- Excellent source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin B12
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1|