Fresh tuna replaces the canned one in this version of the classic salad.
|1 1/3 cup||green/snap beans||130 g|
|2||eggs size large|
|4||tuna steaks||500 g|
|4 cups||mixed greens||100 g|
|85 mL||Classic Vinaigrette||1/3 cup|
|4||anchovy fillets||16 g|
|12||black olives||5 tbsp|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Boil or steam the potato(es) (about 15 min), then peel them, and cut into approx. 7 mm slices. Prepare the green beans and boil or steam (about 7-8 min). Let cool down for about 15 min.
- Boil the egg(s) (10 min), cool down immediately in cold water, and cut into quarters.
- Put the tuna steaks in a dry pan or on a grill, over medium-low heat. Sear 3-4 min per side, depending on the desired level of doneness. Tuna dries out very quickly when overcooked and is best appreciated served "pink" or "blue" in the centre. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap the steaks in aluminum foil and set aside for 5 min so that the juices can distribute evenly and give the inside time to become soft and tender.
- Use these last few minutes to dress the plates with the vegetables. Rinse and spin-dry the mixed greens, then put them in a bowl and toss with the Classic Vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, then divide them up onto the individual serving plates. Garnish with the anchovy fillets, olives, potato slices, beans and quartered egg(s).
- Arrange the tuna on top, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (300g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||2||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Omega-3, Vitamin C
- Good source of :
- Copper, Manganese, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
|Meat and Alternatives||5|