|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|2||shallots, chopped||80 g|
|1/2||cucumbers, medium sizepeeled, seeded and diced||130 g|
|1 1/4 cup||arborio rice||220 g|
|3 cups||vegetable broth, low-sodium, hot||750 mL|
|1/2 cup||white wine||125 mL|
|500 g||salmon fillet, skinned and diced|
|3 tbsp||fresh dill, chopped||5 g|
|1||green onions/scallions, chopped [optional]|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
A slow cooker is needed to make this recipe.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cucumber, then sauté 2-3 min, with occasional stirring. Lower the heat, cover and cook 15 min. Over high heat, stir in the rice grains, then sauté 1 min with stirring. Transfer to the ceramic cooking pot, then pour in the hot broth and the wine.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on 'high' for 45 min.
- Add the salmon pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for a further 15 min, or until the rice is tender and the salmon just cooked.
- Switch off the slow cooker and let the risotto stand for 5 min. Stir in the chopped dill and green onion. Mix lightly, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (290g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||1 ½||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Cholesterol, Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Phosphorus, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D
|Meat and Alternatives||2 ½|