A soup made with roasted parsnip, potato, and pear.
Roasted vegetables lend a smoky-sweet taste to this hearty soup.
|4||parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks||380 g|
|2||potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks||400 g|
|1||pears, peeled and cut into chunks||150 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|4 cups||chicken broth, low-sodium||1 L|
|1/2 tbsp||dried oregano||1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F. Generously oil a baking sheet.
- Prepare the vegetables: peel and cut into large chunks. Peel and cut the pear also into large chunks, discarding the core. Lay the vegetables and pear out on the sheet in a single layer and coat them thoroughly with the oil. Roast in the middle of the oven 35-40 min, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned. During cooking, turn them a couple times using a spatula to coat them with the oil on the sheet.
- Heat the broth in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the roasted vegetables and pear. Add salt and pepper then simmer 15 min. Purée the soup in a blender or food processor adding more broth if the soup is too thick. Add the oregano, adjust the seasoning then serve the soup into bowls.
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (260g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Niacin, Potassium, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy