Peppers prepared in this way are normally just one of many different «antipasti» (i.e. starters) served in a typical Sunday meal in the northwestern part of Italy.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, then brush the inside with half of the olive oil. Place one sage leaf into each pepper half. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, then place 2 tomato halves, cut-side down into each pepper half. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the remaining oil on top.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Arrange the peppers in the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the middle of the oven 45 min. Take off the foil cover and cook an additional 45 min.
- Let the peppers cool down, garnish with a few basil leaves and serve luke-warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (300g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Manganese
- Excellent source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy