Banana, pineapple and mango fruits cooked in parchment paper with a rum, coconut, and brown sugar sauce.
Before you start
The fruit can be either baked in the oven or cooked using an outdoor grill.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F or preheat the outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, rum, nutmeg, coconut milk, and grated coconut. Peel the banana and cut it diagonally into 2 cm pieces. Cut the pineapple slices into 4 pieces. Peel the mango and cut it into thin slices.
- Tear off a piece of parchment paper about 20 cm per individual serving. Distribute the fruits in the center of each parchment sheet. Pour in the mixture and wrap the paper packages tightly. Place the packages on a baking sheet and bake 25 min in the middle of the oven. Use aluminum foil for wrapping the fruit, if cooking on an outdoor grill.
- Serve the fruit while still warm, placing the paper package directly on the serving plates or transfer the contents to individual dishes. A scoop of vanilla ice cream may be added, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
- Excellent source of :