Meaty and versatile, Portobello mushrooms make great burgers.
|2||yellow or red sweet peppers||400 g|
|4||Portobello mushrooms, stems removed||170 g|
|2 tbsp||olive oil||30 mL|
|2 tbsp||dried oregano||4 g|
|2 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1/4 cup||mayonnaise||65 mL|
|4 tbsp||baby arugula||5 g|
|40 g||goat cheese, crumbled|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Preheat the outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill.
- Cut the peppers in half or quarters, removing the seeds and the stalks. Remove the mushroom stems. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Brush over the peppers and mushromm caps, making sure to coat completely.
- Put the mushrooms and peppers onto the grill. Cook about 4-5 min per side, until golden-coloured. Alternatively, you may cook the vegetables on a nonstick, heavy-bottom pan, over very high heat.
- Put the buns on the oiled grilled and cook about 1 min per side, or until toasted. Remove the buns, then spread with mayonnaise.
- Garnish the bottom half of each bun with arugula. Arrange the peppers and mushrooms on top. Add the cheese, cover with top halves of buns, then serve right away.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (150g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||servings|
|Grain Products :||2 ¼||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Manganese, Omega-3, Omega-6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Iron, Niacin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Selenium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||½|