Chicken drumsticks and ears of fresh corn, lightly coated with a spice mixture, then grilled.
This recipe is an American « Deep South » classic.
|8||chicken drumsticks||900 g|
|3||ears of corn||900 g|
|3 tbsp||canola oil||45 mL|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|2 1/2 tsp||ground pepper||8 g|
|1/2 tbsp||ground cumin||4 g|
|1/2 tbsp||paprika||5 g|
|1 tsp||cayenne pepper||3 g|
|1/2 tbsp||salt||7 g|
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken, but leave the skin intact. Make 2 diagonal cuts in the thickest parts of the drumsticks to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat as much as possible.
- Pull the husks and silk off the ears of corn, then rinse them and pat them dry with paper towels. Using a heavy knife, cut the ears into thick chunks, about 4 cm each.
- Pour the oil in a bowl, then add the chicken and corn pieces and coat them well with the oil.
- Mince the garlic then add it to a small bowl. Add the spices and salt, mix well, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and corn pieces. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Cook the drumsticks on a medium-hot grill for about 15 min, turning them once. Add the corn and continue to grill the drumsticks and corn for an additional 10 min, turning them occasionally until they are golden-brown. Alternatively, broil the chicken and corn in the oven.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (200g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ½||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Source of :
- Fibre, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin A
|Meat and Alternatives||3|