A simple and delicious soup to be prepared in advance and served cold.
|4 cups||cauliflower, cut into florets||650 g|
|2 3/4 cups||chicken broth, low-sodium||700 mL|
|1/3 cup||dairy blend 5%||85 mL|
|4 tbsp||chives, fresh, chopped||12 g|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
- Prepare the cauliflower: cut it into large florets and boil it 10 min, at which point the cauliflower will be three-quarter cooked, i.e. firmer than al dente.
- Drain it and put it back into the pot. Pour the warm broth over the cauliflower (just enough to cover it). Simmer 8-10 min, until the cauliflower is soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer the soup to a container, cover and chill thoroughly, at least 2 h before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour in the dairy blend, adjust the seasoning, then add the minced chives. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (310g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||3||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Cholesterol, Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Fibre, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Niacin, Vitamin B6
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
slightlywomandecember 16, 2012 | I would make this recipe again
I used coconut milk instead of cream