Penne with leeks and smoked salmon sauce.
An example of an excellent Canadian-Italian marriage!
|160 g||gluten free/wheat free penne||2 cups|
|2 slices||smoked salmon, chopped||28 g|
|1||leeks, thinly sliced crosswise||300 g|
|1 tbsp||butter, unsalted||14 g|
|2 tbsp||whipping cream 35%||30 mL|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Keep the serving dishes in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
Put a colander in the sink to drain the cooked pasta so that it will be ready when needed.
- To save time, the sauce preparation and the pasta cooking can be done at the same time. Start cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, prepare the leeks and cut them into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Sauté the leeks about 5 min until translucent, taking care not to burn them.
- Chop the salmon into small pieces and add them to the skillet. Warm up just a few minutes then set aside keeping them warm.
- Put the drained penne into the skillet. Add the cream, salt and pepper to taste, then mix well. Serve in the warmed dishes.
Parmesan is not added since the flavour of fish sauces in general does not benefit from the addition of cheese.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (180g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B12
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Niacin, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||½|