A simple and easy dish, which pleases kids of all ages.
|2||corn tortillas||90 g|
|1 serving||Oven-Roasted Peppers, cut into thin strips|
|1||avocados, cut into small cubes||170 g|
|1/4||red onions, chopped||40 g|
|2 tbsp||fresh cilantro, chopped||4 g|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1/2 lemon|
|1/8 tsp||ground cumin||0.4 g|
|2/3 cup||Cheddar cheese, grated||50 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Depending on the quantity of quesadillas you wish to prepare, you may choose to cook them in a nonstick pan, or to arrange them on a baking sheet then broil them in an oven, at about 10 cm from the heat.
- Put half of the tortillas on a working surface. Put all ingredients, except the cheese, in a bowl. Mix the ingredients well to distribute the spices evenly in the mixture. Portion out the mixture onto the tortillas, spread it evenly over the tortilla surfaces, then top with the cheese and cover with the remaining tortillas.
- Sauté each quesadilla in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat 1-2 min, then flip it over using a spatula. Cook an additional 2 min until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden-coloured. Pay attention not to overcook the tortillas to a crispy texture – they should remain somewhat soft and pliable. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. (You can keep them warm in a 95°C/200°F oven for a few minutes). Alternatively, quesadillas may be broiled, about 2 min per side. Do not overcook: tortillas should not be too crisp and remain soft.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (160g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||2 ¼||servings|
|Grain Products :||1 ¾||servings|
|Milk and Alternatives :||½||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Source of :
- Copper, Iron, Selenium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12
- Good source of :
- Manganese, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B2, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Free :
- Added Sugar
|Meat and Alternatives||1|