A traditional Bengali recipe (India).
|2 cups||yogurt, plain, 2%||500 g|
|1/3 cup||sweetened condensed milk||85 mL|
|1||mangoes, ripe, diced||300 g|
- Combine the yogurt and condensed milk in a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on 'high' for 2 min. Check to see if the mixture has reached a semi-solid consistence (If you gently touch the surface there should be a slight resitance). If the mixture is not set, microwave for another 30 sec and check again. A little browning on the edge is fine.
- Let the mixture cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 h.
- When ready to serve, prepare the garnish. Cut the mangoes in half, without peeling them, slicing near the large oval pit. Using a knife, make check pattern incisions (about 1 cm wide) in the flesh without cutting through the skin. Gently press the scored halves to turn them inside out and then cut off the cubes of fruit from the peel. Trim the rest of the fruit off the pit. Set the mango pieces aside.
- Scoop the yogurt mixture into bowls, sprinkle with nutmeg, garnish with mango pieces, then serve.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (210g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||½||serving|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||1||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||0||serving|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Low :
- Source of :
- Folacin, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Good source of :
- Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc
- Excellent source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2
- Diet-related health claims :
|Milk and Alternatives||1|