This recipe is ideal for a sophisticated yet healthy dinner, since it provides a main course served with a light broth.
|1/2||onions, thinly sliced||100 g|
|1/2||shallots, thinly sliced||20 g|
|4||button (white) mushrooms, thinly sliced||55 g|
|1/2||carrots, coarsely diced||50 g|
|1/2 stalk||celery, coarsely diced||35 g|
|1/2 tsp||salt||2 g|
|1/8 tsp||ground pepper||0.4 g|
|2 1/2 cups||water||625 mL|
|1||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless||300 g|
|3||anchovy fillets||12 g|
|50 g||tuna, canned|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard||5 mL|
|1 tsp||lemonjuice, freshly squeezed|
|5 drops||Tabasco sauce|
|2 tsp||mayonnaise||10 mL|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin olive oil||65 mL|
|1/2 bunch||arugula||80 g|
|1 tbsp||chives, fresh||3 g|
|1 tsp||capers||3 g|
- Prepare the vegetables: Slice the onion, shallot and mushrooms; and coarsely dice carrot and celery. Put the vegetables in a large saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, then gently simmer 5 min, uncovered. Add the chicken breasts and cook until the broth returns to a boil, about 4 min. Boil for about 15 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let the breasts stand in the broth for 12 to 15 min. Pay attention not to overcook the chicken, to keep it juicy.
- Meanwhile, put the tuna and anchovies in a blender. Add the mustard, lemon juice, Tabasco and mayonnaise, then process for a few seconds. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow stream and process for a few seconds, or until it is well incorporated and a smooth sauce is obtained.
- Divide the arugula among the plates. Remove the chicken breasts from the broth with a slotted spoon. Cut each breast into crosswise slices, and arrange the slices on top of the arugula. Generously coat the chicken with the tuna sauce.
- Sprinkle the chicken with chives and capers, then serve.
- Reheat the broth, divide among bowls and serve with the chicken.
The chicken may be served at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 Serving (430g)
% Daily Value
Servings of Canada's Food Guide1 serving of this recipe is equivalent to :
|Vegetables and Fruits :||1 ½||servings|
|Grain Products :||0||serving|
|Milk and Alternatives :||0||serving|
|Meat and Alternatives :||1 ¼||servings|
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Trans Fat
- Low :
- Calories, Cholesterol, Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium
- Excellent source of :
- Niacin, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
|Meat and Alternatives||3 ½|